Sunday, September 21, 2014

Faithful, Bold & Brave

Forever ago, when we had just brought Caleb home, my church had a shower for us, and one of the gifts I received is a beautiful, hand-made piece of wall art that has Caleb's name and the meaning behind it painted on it (in colors that coordinated perfectly with the rest of his room, I might add).  Fast-forward to today and Caleb must know that there is something special about that wood hanging on the wall because in the past few weeks whenever we walk by it, he points and says "Ahh!" (meaning, "Please read that to me, Mama.").  I am more than happy to oblige him because it just gives me another opportunity to tell him about the kind of man I pray that he becomes:  one who is faithful, bold and brave, just as Caleb in the Old Testament was.
Caleb, may this sign serve as a reminder to you of the hopes we have for you and of the only One who is truly faithful - for it is only with him that you can fully achieve such lofty aspirations.
Thank you, Christina, for such a thoughtful gift.  It has been and will continue to be the prompt for many meaningful conversations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment