Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sleepyhead

With the exception of our vacation a few months ago, I don't think that I have slept past 6:30 a.m. since Caleb became a part of the family.  There were those first six months or so when I could sleep until 7, but that was only after one or two middle of the night feedings.  Ever since he's slept through the night, he's been pretty consistent about waking up at or around 7, and I always get up an hour or so earlier in order to eat breakfast and get a few things done before I need to focus all my attention on him.  There are some days (especially on the weekends) when all I want to do is sleep until 7:30.  But then I pick up my sweetheart from his crib, and I don't care what time I have to wake up.  So long as I get to see this shining (albeit sleepy) face, I can wake up at 6:00 a.m. each and every morning...

1 comment: