Sunday, February 22, 2015

Neat Freak or Soup Nazi?

So this happened tonight after dinner:
I was trying to pour the extra minestrone soup I had made for dinner into a freezer bag for future enjoyment.  Not realizing that the soup was still really hot, I accidentally touched some of it, causing me to jump...and the soup to spill onto the counter...and inside the drawer...and down the cabinet...and inside the cabinet...and into the floor...and all over my pants and shoes.  I'm sure I made some sort of ecstatic utterance to mark the occasion.  While I was of course angry over the mess, Caleb took it to a whole other level. 
He started shouting, "Oh, no! Oh, no!" over and over again for nearly a minute.  The kid was literally on the verge of tears and a melt down.  He was only consoled by Mommy holding him and reassuring him that it was going to be OK. 
He was either flipping out over the colossal mess on his clean(ish) floor.  Or he was devastated over the waste of perfectly good soup.  Seeing as he never seems to mind a mess on the floor and he didn't even eat any of said soup, I'm going with a different theory.  I think my little sweetheart could tell that Mommy was upset (for the aforementioned reasons), and he just wanted to mourn with those who mourn (over spilled soup).  I must admit, it made a frustrating and messy situation much more bearable - to see him so upset probably for no other reason than it made me upset.  It took me a while to clean up the soup, but I had a smile on my face the whole time thinking of how precious our sweet boy is.

No comments:

Post a Comment