Sunday, March 19, 2017

Caleb's Prayer

Every night when I'm putting Caleb to bed, we say our prayers.  Usually, I do the praying, and Caleb chimes in at "Amen.".  Tonight, Caleb asked if he could pray, to which I of course agreed.  What followed was one of the most precious prayers I think I have ever heard.  I came downstairs and wrote it down immediately lest I forget any of his thoughtful words.  Here they are (with no editing from me):
"God,
Thank you for Jesus.  Glory fy him and God.  Whatever is noble, right, pure.  Christ's name is Jesus.  Amen."
Knowing what he meant, my heart about burst with love for this boy as he spoke his own original words.  Yes, Caleb, I agree.  Thank the Lord for Jesus and for Caleb.  May he glorify God in all that he does, and may he always keep his mind on whatever is noble, right and pure.
Here's our sweet boy singing and "playing" his guitar:

No comments:

Post a Comment