Friday, March 15, 2019

Princess of Planks

Having a group fitness instructor for a mom comes with its perks.  For instance, your own in-house personal trainer starting at the tender age of 2 or unlimited motivational slogans for all the mundane household tasks ("You can do it - just five, four, three, two, one spoons to put away!").  You also get the benefit of comprehensive high intensity interval training classes - all completely gratis!
And I think all of this early exposure is starting to rub off on Wren (which I must admit makes me one proud mama!).  Just this past week, I invited Wren and Judson to join me for some fun exercise.  (For the record, I consider burpees and mountain climbers fun...)  I turned up my fitness music, and we started moving.  Jump squats, burpees, plank jacks, high knees, jumping jacks - we did it all.  And my girl hung with me the entire time, and she was actually doing the exercises (more or less)!  I've never seen a three-year-old so proficient at burpees and donkey kicks - she's a natural!  Judson hung with us too...well, actually he just crawled underneath me while I was doing plank jacks and donkey kicks.
Here are some of the cute things that came from their mouths as we worked out:
W:  "This is fun!"
W:  "Give me a high five!"
J:  "I'm hungry."
W:  "This is fun!"
W (as Judson stood up from crouching under me, which Wren must have interpreted as a jump squat):  "You did it, Juddy!  Woo!"
W (referring to tuck jumps):  "These are like tights!" [?]
J (as he was sitting under me):  "You smell like fruit snacks." [I guess there are worse things to smell like.]
As the session got closer to its end:
W:  "When's water break?" [Even the toughest athletes need to hydrate.]
W:  "You get more thirsty when you exercise."
W:  "This is fun!"
When we finished the last jumping jack and high fives were given all around, Judson summed it up best when he said:  "Do I get a special treat for that?"  Yes, he did...fruit snacks, in fact.
As for Wren, I see a bright future in the fitness industry up ahead!



1 comment:

  1. That is so adorable!!! I love it!! Wren and Ava can go get certified together cuz Ava is right there along with her. I think it’s just in you and I’s nature to make all things physical fun. 💪🏻🤪

    ReplyDelete