Thursday, January 30, 2020

You're Bacon Me Crazy

We do not eat bacon in our house.  Or I guess I should say we formerly did not eat bacon in our house.  This former vegetarian and current health nut cringes inside at just the thought of this, but my kids are addicted to bacon.  I'm not sure what all the grandparents laced their bacon with when they fed it to our children for breakfast when they have spent the night in the past, but it must have been something strong because the kids have been lobbying hard for me to buy them some bacon lately.  So I finally did, and they had it for breakfast today.  I am not exaggerating when I tell you that Caleb ate half of a package of bacon for breakfast this morning!
  And when you eat half a package of bacon and your tummy is happy, you do the Yummy Dance.
I was slightly concerned as he got on the bus that he would go into cardiac arrest at school today from arteries clogged with bacon grease.
Wren and Judson finished off the other half of the package of bacon.

And did Yummy Dances of their own.  
Throughout the morning, I was told things like, "This was the best breakfast I've ever had." and "Thank you!  Thank you! Thank you!" and "I love you, Mom!"  
Wow, this bacon thing must be truly magical.  I even tried a bite to see what all the hype was about, but no, I'm still a bacon-hater.  However, I will definitely remember the profound power that bacon holds over my kids and be sure to utilize it when I need it.  
At bedtime tonight, they were already begging to have it for breakfast tomorrow and every day thereafter...

1 comment:

  1. And behold that even the young child knows this; that BACON is indeed the yummy path to happiness and contentment.

    ReplyDelete