Sunday, May 24, 2020

Get Beautiful

Kids say the darndest things.  That holds especially true for Judson.  He's always playing in his imaginary world and detailing elaborate movie plots.  Just this morning, he had built a lego city and was describing the different parts.  "This section is closed because they have the Corona virus," he said, "but this one is open because they have maskes [pronounced mask-es]."  Who says four-year-olds are too young to grasp what's going on in the world? [As a side note, this past week, Wren came screaming up the stairs because, as she put it, "Caleb is going to bite me and give me the Corona virus!"] Here's one of his dinosaurs wearing a mask.  The Corona virus has hit the dinosaur community as well.

He's also taken to saying things such as, "Mom, you can put me to bed because you're beautiful."  Aww.  Someone has taught him about flattery, apparently.  It seemed really sweet until one morning this past week...
I was in the kitchen, all sweaty and disheveled from having just completed my morning workout, when Judson comes downstairs still rubbing the sleep from his eyes.  As soon as he sees me in my sweaty state, he screws up his face, points to my bedroom, and says in his most whiney voice, "No! Get beautiful!" Stunned, I slunk off and took a shower.  After further reflection, I honestly feel bad for his future wife.  Not many people can pull off always looking beautiful, but Juddy obviously requires it to be in his presence.  Either that or I looked particularly bad this one morning.
Yesterday, though I was wearing no make-up (but had already showered), he said I could put his "baby-suit" [bathing suit] on him "because you're beautiful."  Thankfully, I'm back in his good graces.
Good thing he's cute.  Maybe it will help him to acquire a super model for a wife.



No comments:

Post a Comment