Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Gaggle of Geese and a Fussy Baby

What do a gaggle of geese, a cold November day, and a fussy baby all have in common?  They all apparently do not hinder a good photographer from capturing some cute pictures!
Last month, Tony, Caleb, and I all headed to a local neighborhood with a lake for an attempt at making our first official family photos.  There were geese waddling about, and it was a pretty cold day.  And Caleb wasn't too happy about all the changes of positions and posing.  Or the wardrobe changes.  (Note to self:  for all future photo shoots, just pick one outfit for the baby and never change the clothes of a baby in the front seat of your car on a cold November afternoon).  Based on all of the fussing and crying, I was certain that we would not have any good pictures.  On the contrary, our photographer worked her magic, and the results were some quite lovely pictures, if I do say so myself.  Here are a few of my favorites:



Here we are watching the geese go by.


I just love this one.




In order to keep Caleb from a complete meltdown, Tony had to swing him every now and then.



I think this one is so lovely and artistic.




From looking at all of these pictures, you would never know that our baby wasn't a perfect angel during the photo shoot.  I think this picture sums up what the majority of the afternoon was actually like:
Caleb crying, me getting stressed out (doesn't it look like I was cussing?  I promise I wasn't!), and Tony being Mr. Laid Back (as usual).  It's amazing what a good photographer can do!
If you're looking for someone to capture your next memorable event or to take your yearly family portrait, I highly recommend Alison Umbarger Photography. 

No comments:

Post a Comment