Monday, July 30, 2018

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I guess I should have known that this day was coming.  I suppose it is a bit of a right of passage.  But I certainly wasn't prepared for it when we heard Caleb say (from the living room), "Mom, Wren's letting me cut her hair!"  I quickly ran from the kitchen to find Wren sitting stiller than ever while her older brother calmly gave her some long "layers" with our purple safety scissors.  I may have shrieked.  I may have made an ecstatic utterance.  And maybe (just maybe) I may have cried...just a little.  My baby girl was born with the most beautiful flaxen hair I've ever seen, and so long as she still had the hair she was born with on her head, she could still be my baby girl, right?









 Her hair is nearly down to her waist, so perhaps it was due for a cut anyways, but I wasn't expecting it to be so soon (and so sudden).
After seeing my overreaction, Wren soon realized the grave mistake that she made and soon began to cry too.  Thankfully, because she does have so much hair, the shorter spot can barely be noticed.  At least we can say that she has learned two things from this ordeal:
1) Never leave your hair in the hands of anyone but a professional (and especially avoid anyone wielding purple safety scissors); and
2) A good hat can cover a multitude of sins.





No comments:

Post a Comment