Saturday, October 27, 2018

Caleb's First Dance

So I went on a date to a dance last night.  My date was a little short, and he wore a mask and all black.  But other than that he was so dreamy.




We had a little help in getting ready for the dance...


Wren really wanted to go with us too...She is her mother's daughter...

It was Caleb's first dance!  As a girl who never missed a school dance growing up, he didn't have to ask me twice to go with him.  And it felt very reminiscent of my old school dances with the blaring speakers and flashing lights all set up in the school lunchroom, some kids hanging back by the wall, others running around with their friends, and still others (of which I was usually included) dancing their hearts away in the middle of the room.  I must admit though that I have never had a date hold my hand so tightly and for the entirety of the dance like Caleb did.  He wasn't quite sure what to make of all of the noise and lights, and I think he was a little nervous.



We did dance a little (even with his death grip on my hand), and we ran into one of his classmates.  With a lot of coaxing, I was even able to get him to let go of my hand just long enough to take a picture with his friend.



After about an hour at the dance, he told me he was ready to go, so we left, with one final picture next to the ghost in front of the school.  The whole way home he talked about how much fun the dance was.

The jury's still out on whether or not he will be participating much in school dances, though I'm guessing with the right girl's hand to hold, he wouldn't miss it for the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment