Friday, June 5, 2020

Snake Charmer

Here's the scene:  I was just pulling into the driveway from having taught a class.  I saw Judson, as usual, crouched playing in the yard at the edge of the driveway.  I slowed the car right next to him to say hello, and he immediately jumped to standing with...a snake in his hand!  

As soon as I realized what it was, I think I screamed, and then I slammed the car into park and jumped out of the car yelling something about dropping the snake.  Judson was much cooler and said, very matter-of-factly, "The snake is dead, Mom."  Well, I guess it's ok to hold then?  I gave him a lecture about how it was not ok to hold live snakes...but we might as well take a picture of you holding this one for the blog, right?  Since he had already held it and it was dead and all...
I love these pictures.  A dead snake in one hand and his toy dinosaur in the other.  I can only imagine the creative storyline that he was playing out when I showed up and ruined his fun.  
I sure do love my little brave snake charmer!

1 comment:

  1. Grampa is gonna take him out and teach him how to catch LIVE snakes. Uh huh...

    ReplyDelete